Prepared by Legal Team at Scherer Smith and Kenny
Last Updated: June 2022
Thank you for using BestWineries.com (the “Site”). We (collectively, “we”, “us”, “our”) are an online service gathering information regarding food and travel throughout the Napa Valley and surrounding areas.
Information and Data we Collect from you
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). Our Site is designed to avoid collecting information such as your name, address, email address or other similar contact data unless you provide such data to us. The types of information we may collect are as follows:
- Personal information such as your first and last name and your email address
- Location information depending on the means in which you access the Site
- IP address and information concerning your online activities, such as the device and browser information, the pages you visit and the content you view
- We may use Google Analytics to see how you and other users engage with our Site
How We Use Your Information
We use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- In general, providing, operating, maintaining, supporting, hosting, enhancing, and improving the Site and your user experience
- Providing customer support
- Providing you with information in connection with your use of the Site
- Tracking, measuring, and analyzing your use of the Site for the purpose of improving the Site and personalizing and customizing your user experience
- Complying with legal obligations, court orders or other legal process and instructions of competent authorities
Sharing Personal Data
- With your explicit consent
- As may be required by law or to comply with a court order or other legal process
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as merger, acquisition, asset sale or a similar event
- With our third-party vendors, consultants, advisors, and other service providers that are working on our behalf or provide services to us and need to collect, access, store and/or process Personal Data for the sole purpose of providing us with specific services related to the Site, such as our hosting provider and our marketing services provider. We require that these third parties use and disclose your Personal Data only to the extent necessary to provide the services we have engaged them to provide
- In an aggregated and anonymized form that will not identify you
Retention of Personal Data
We keep your Personal Data for no longer than is necessary for fulfilling the processing purposes set out in this policy. When we no longer have a legitimate reason or legal requirement to process your Personal Data, we will delete it or store it in an anonymized and aggregated manner that no longer identifies you.
We have different retention policies for different types of Personal Data. The retention period is dictated by certain factors, such as the type of Personal Data, the purpose for which the data was collected, the legal basis permitting us to collect and store it, statutory requirements, industry guidelines, our legitimate interests in providing the Services or protecting our legal rights etc.
Rights of Data Subjects
By law, you can ask us what Personal Data we hold about you, and you can also ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. You can also ask for it to be erased and you can ask for us to give you a copy of the information. Under certain circumstances, you also have a right to object to the collection or processing of your Personal Data.
Where processing of Personal Data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing.
If you wish to access, correct, erase or object to the collection or processing of your Personal Data held by us, or make other inquiries in this respect, please contact us at https://bestwineries.com/contact-us/.
We reserve the right to require that you provide proof of your identity when making any requests set forth herein.
Notice to California Residents
California residents have the right to receive information identifying any third parties to whom we may have disclosed, within the previous calendar year, personal information pertaining to you for direct marketing purposes and a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. To obtain such information, please contact us at https://bestwineries.com/contact-us/
We maintain data security procedures and systems that are designed to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Data. However, you acknowledge that transmission or storage of data over the Internet is not guaranteed to be absolutely secure. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee absolute security of your Personal Data.
Not Intended for People Under Legal Drinking Age
The Site is not intended for people under the legal drinking age of 21. We do not seek or knowingly collect any Personal Data from or about individuals under the age of 21. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Data from an individual under the legal drinking age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Third Party Sites